This is a series of articles I (Tim) am writing for the folks at Indie Game Riot. The series is about getting off the ground and making your first game as well as other ramblings from my years working in big and small companies.
Hopefully there are some ideas you find useful! You can check the drop down tab in the menu or the links below.
- Part 01 – Passion and Your Dreams
- Part 02 – Make Your Bed!
- Part 03 – Increase your Productivity
- Part 04 – Tools for Development
- Part 05 – Working with People
- Part 06 – To-Do lists and Notes
- Part 07 – Publishers and Your Game
- Part 08 – What is your Game About?
- Part 09 – The Game Loop, Part 1
- Part 10 – Gratitude
- Part 11 – The Game Loop, Part 2
- Part 12 – Getting through Steam Greenlight
- Part 13 – Being a Professional
- Part 14 – Perspective, keep it or lose it!
- Part 15 – How to Make Pixel Art
- Part 16 – Game Loop and Beyond
- Part 17 – Relaying Information to the Player
- Part 18 – Knowing what you’ve done
- Part 19 – Tuning and Spreadsheets
- Part 20 – Gameplay, Graphics and Design Theory
- Part 21 – The Nature of the Fence
- Part 22 – When are you done?
See what you think and feel free to contact me at hello @ donleytimefoundation.com (remove the spaces)